Monday, February 28, 2011

Venice, I love you.



this past weekend, we traveled to Venice, Italy for Carnivale. Carnivale is this huge Italian festival where people dress up in masks and costumes, throw confetti at each other, and basically have a huge party on the streets. As soon we stepped off the train and onto a boat ( since Venice doesn't have cars on the main land) my eyes went big from all the wonder. Venice is the most beautiful place I have ever been too, filled with color and life. I loved watching the children throw confetti on each other, letting the wind blow the colorful pieces all along the narrow streets, eventually making it hard to see an inch of cobblestone. We walked for hours and hours never getting tired because all we wanted to do was soak in as much as this wonderful place as we possibly could. We ate pizza for every meal, made friends on the train, and laughed and laughed and laughed some more for three days straight. Venice, I fell in love with you and I am so happy that you entered my life for those three magical days.




Photos By Evan Trine.



3 comments:

  1. yay! i love when you post.
    skype date this week?
    it's almost your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to come and see it all!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I've never seen so many people on the streets and I've been there 3 times!! What a wonderful experince. I'm so happy that you got to go to Carnivale!!!! Venice is my absolute favorite place.

    ReplyDelete