Monday, February 14, 2011

So darling, throw away the key

As you stroll along the Ponte Vecchio, you will notice hundreds and hundreds of padlocks clumped together on chains. Legend has is that if you and your loved one attach a padlock to any surface of this famous bridge and throw the key into the Arno river, your love will last forever. Everday as I walk side by side with the river I glance at this bold statement and the people who have fled to Florence in order to lock their love away.I can't help to daydream about all the different kinds of love, people, and stories that had stood before the Arno river sharing a truly magical moment together. I think about how long these locks have been here and if the couples that threw their keys into the river still feel the same way they did in that one second when their keys hit the sparkling blue and green water. And since today is Valentines day and I am in fact a hopeless romantic,I choose to believe that their love is securely latched for all to see.

Happy Valentines day my darlings.
sending you all my loving.

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful, beautiful story.
    have a wonderful Valentine's day and give each other hugs from all of us back home.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete