Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bye Bye miss American pie

Today I was lucky enough to meet with one of my most favorite people in the entire world, Trish. To us she is known as Zia (meaning aunt in Italian). Zia is the most beautiful woman I have ever met and she also has an amazing heart. Zia was able to sit down with me and go over some of the basic Italian words, so that I wouldn't look like an helpless american when I arrived in Italy. The Italian language is stunning, and it is like butter to speak it. The entire time I was practicing I was picturing myself sitting in a Cafe ordering a cappuccino and flipping through Italian Vogue. It is hard to think that in only 12 days that will become a reality for me. So thank you Trish for making this American girl a little more Italian. And in attempt to keep this Italian persona alive I am going to leave you with my favorite phrase I learned today. Sogni d'oro meaning dreams of gold.

with love,
Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment