Sunday, March 13, 2011

Roman Holiday

First, I would start this post by apologizing for not posting in two weeks. Life in Florence has been crazier then ever, with sicknesses and midterms, there is barely anytime to breathe. So with that I will try my best to fill you in on the adventures that have been had. Last weekend we ventured off to Rome with our program. After waking up at 5 to get on the bus by 6:30 we finally arrived at Tivoli gardens located about an hour away from Rome. The gardens were absolutely beautiful, I have never seen so much green in one place in my entire life. And although I was excited to learn about the history, I think I perked up the most when I heard that some of the Lizzy McGuire movie was filmed there. After a filling lunch at a local olive oil farm we got back on the busses and were back on track for Rome. Now I can't quite describe the events that happened in Rome because it went by in the blink of an eye. We like to say we did Rome in a day. So after trying to get sleep on Friday we woke up Saturday morning ready for what Rome in a day looks like. Basically we went from the Colosseum to the Forum to the pantheon to the Trevi Fountain to the Vatican and a bunch of little stops in between all in pouring down rain. The coolest thing about Rome, is that the city is built around the history. Next to the Colosseum and ruins are apartments, stores, and restaurants. Its almost like the past and present are sharing time and sharing a city loved by all. Rome was a whirl wind but we loved every minute of it.

P.s. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted because my camera has a mind of it's own and stopped working for me... but only for the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment