Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Come thou fount

My entire life I have associated bodies of water with home.. Beaches, lakes, ponds, pools, you name it. Moving to Florence the theme of water has continued. Everyday I cross the Arno river to get to the other side of town. As I walk along the river, I am reminded that not only do these bodies of water serve as a sense of familiarity but they also serve as a sense of guidance. For those who know me well, understand that my sense of direction is well, less than par. As we explore this new city, getting lost comes naturally, so whenever I get lost I head for the water knowing that I am going to be ok. Thinking about this tool I am reminded about how the Lord is our living water. And when we are in the direction of the living water we are safe just like when I am headed towards the river.. As I stare at the beauty of this vase water, my heart overflows with knowing that the Lord will always be there serving as a place of rest, ease, and comfort knowing that I have made it home
photo by Stephanie Merryman


1 comment: